IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES: Dixon Lake is open to the public for day use in accordance with Governor Newsom's stay-at-home directive (3/19/20) and the County of San Diego's most recent Health Order (5/1/20). Please check the City of Escondido's COVID-19 web page for rules and restrictions https://www.escondido.org/covid-19.aspx
- Shoreline fishing is currently permitted at Dixon Lake and Lake Wohlford.
- Facial coverings are required when purchasing a fishing permit and social distancing will be enforced.
- Full day boat rentals are currently available. Hourly rentals are not available for the time being.
- Fishing docks at Dixon Lake are open to the public at pre-marked spots on docks. Social distancing is enforced and face coverings are required.
- Camping will partially reopen on weekends (checking in Friday departing Sunday) beginning June 19 through the end of the month.
- Camping will fully reopen beginning July 3, 2020.
- Camping cabin is not available at this time.
Fishing Permit information:
A California fishing license is not required to fish at Dixon Lake, but you must purchase a daily fishing permit each day from the concession stand before you start to fish.
- Adults (16 and older) $7.00 per day
- Seniors (60 and older) $5.00 per day
- Youth (ages 8-15) $5.00 per day
- Children under 8 Free (must fish with an adult angler, and all fish caught are charged to the adult's permit)
- 2nd Rod Stamp $2.00 per day (2nd rods are not allowed during trout derbies)
ATTENTION: In order to protect Lake Dixon from invasive exotic Quagga mussels, there is still a ban on private water craft and equipment that could have been exposed to mussels. Restricted equipment includes private boats, canoes, kayaks, float tubes, trolling motors, fish finders, anchors and other equipment that contacts the water. There is no body contact allowed with the waters of Dixon Lake at any time.
Remember, consuming alcohol and smoking are prohibited at all times in day use areas, on the shore or on boats. Violations of this rule will result in ejection from the park.
Boat Rental Fees:
|All Day Motorboat
||$20.00 per hour**
|All Day Rowboat
||$12.00 per hour**
|1/2 Day Motorboat
||$15.00 per hour**
|1/2 Day Rowboat
||$10.00 per hour**
|Hour Pedal Boat
* Any fish caught are counted against the limit of the accompanying permit holder.
** Deposit is required. See rental counter for boating rules and regulations.