Park Avenue Community Center (PACC)
Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
The Park Avenue Community Center is CLOSED until further notice.
The Escondido Senior Nutrition Program has returned to in person congregate meals. Congregate meals are nutritionally balanced meals served indoors at the Park Avenue Cafe and are designed to sustain and improve participant's health and reduce isolation by promoting socialization. Seating is limited die to construction and reservations are required. Masks, physical distancing and all mandatory safety rules will be strictly enforced.
Please follow this link for COVID-19 updates: https://www.escondido.org/covid-19
The Park Avenue Community Center offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings.
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning coffee and conversation
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts.
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer.
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables.
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers.
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily.
- Daily van service for the Nutrition Program.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs.
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.
- Distribution site for the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank Senior Food Program on the 4th Monday of each month from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. Age and income verification are required for participation.