Park Avenue Community Center (PACC)
Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
The Escondido Senior Nutrition Program has returned to in person congregate meals. Congregate meals are nutritionally balanced meals served indoors at the Park Avenue Café and are designed to sustain and improve participant's health and reduce isolation by promoting socialization. Seating is limited due to construction and reservations are required. Masks and all mandatory safety rules will be strictly enforced.
The Park Avenue Community Center offers:
- A large auditorium for dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings.
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning conversation
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts.
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, and a reference section.
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables.
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served Monday thru Friday.
- Transportation service for the Nutrition Program.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, and library needs.
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.
- Distribution site for the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank Senior Food Program on the 4th Monday of each month from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m. Age and income verification are required for participation.