Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
The Park Avenue Community Center is CLOSED until further notice, however the Senior Nutrition Program will remain in place with the following adjustments:
Senior Nutrition has transitioned to delivery and pick-up of meals. At this time, we are accepting participants 60 and over to be added to a waitlist. To be added to the waitlist, call 760-839-4803. Leave your name, phone number and address.
Please follow the link for COVID-19 updates. https://www.escondido.org/covid-19
Phone-in Hours: Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.
Jointly funded by the City, County of San Diego and private donations, the Park Avenue Community Center offers a wide range of services and programs to older adults aged 50 and over.
This busy senior center serves over 400-500 seniors Monday-Friday with a wide variety of programs, services, activities, and volunteer opportunities. More than 100 organizations and 200 volunteers enjoy participating in social activities and direct services as well as support services at the center. Other activities are offered in the evening through Community Services, OASIS, and a multitude of community organizations.
The Park Avenue Community Center's monthly newsletter called "Whatcha Call It" contains news, activities, resources, and a lotta fun too! Here you will find details information regarding programs and activities offered through the City of Escondido, Park Avenue Café monthly menu, as well as information about Enterprises Corporation, the Senior Service Council Escondido, OASIS, and a handy community phone list.
Come to the Park Avenue Community Center for friendship, food, and fun!
The Park Avenue Community Center Offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning coffee and chit chat room
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily
- Daily transportation service for the Nutrition Program
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.
- Distribution site for the Jacobs & Cushman San Diego Food Bank Senior Food Program on the 4th Monday of each month from 8:30 - 11:30 a.m.. Age and income verification are required for participation.
Park Avenue Café Nutrition Program
The Nutrition Program is sponsored by the City of Escondido and the County of San Diego Aging and Independence Services. Developed to promote healthy and nutritionally balance lunch for seniors, the nutrition program serves delicious meals Monday through Friday in our beautiful dining room! Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. For those ages 60 years and older meals are served for a suggested donation of $3.00; for those 59 and younger the cost for the meal is $5.00. No eligible person age 60+ will be denied a meal because of inability to contribute.
Please make a reservation at least 24 hours before you plan to join us for lunch, by calling 760-839-4803 and leaving a message with your name, contact information, and the day or days you would like to dine.
Lunch Transportation Service
We offer transportation services to and from the Park Avenue Community Center when you eat lunch with us! Lunch transportation service is available for diners 60 years and older who live in the Escondido City limits. Only diners are eligible for the transportation service. Please contact us at (760) 839-4688 to get enrolled in this program. A suggested donation of $1 each way is greatly appreciated.