County of San Diego Resources
- Small Business Stimulus Grant - The grant funding provides economic assistance to help businesses and nonprofit entities impacted by COVID-19.
- Microbusiness COVID-19 Relief Grants - This program will provide grants of $2,500 to County of San Diego microbusiness owners (see link for definition and qualifications) who were in operation in 2019, still in operation, and were impacted by the Covid-19 public health restrictions.
Small Business Financing/ Other Resources
- California Competes Tax Credit - Income tax credit available to businesses that want to locate, stay, or grow in California and create quality, full-time jobs. The next application period is March 7, 2022- March 28, 2022.
FOR A PROGRAM OVERVIEW, ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA, AND FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS, PLEASE CLICK HERE
- California Opportunity Zones
- Escondido's Opportunity Zone - Opportunity Zones are a tax advantage tool that provides an income tax incentive for investors to reinvest capital gains into the local community.
- Property Assessed Clean Energy (PACE) Financing Programs - Escondido is participating in six PACE financing programs that allow commercial and residential property owners to finance 100% of their renewable energy projects through long term, low cost financing that is re-paid through existing property tax bill.
- Self-Generation Incentive Program (SGIP) - SGIP is a California Public Utilities Commission program that offers rebates for installing energy storage technology at your facility. Storage technologies include battery storage systems that can function in the event of a power outage.
- State of California Business Incentives
- California Manufacturing Technology Consulting (CMTC) - Serves as a trusted advisor providing solutions that increase the productivity and competitiveness of California's manufacturers.
For assistance and questions with the certifications, contact Sudershan Shaunak with the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) at firstname.lastname@example.org