Park Avenue Community Center (PACC)
Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
The Park Avenue Community Center is CLOSED until further notice, however the Senior Nutrition Program will remain in place with the following adjustments:
- Senior Nutrition has transitioned to delivery and pick-up of meals. At this time, we are accepting participants 60 and over to be added to a waitlist. To be added to the waitlist, call 760-839-4803. Leave your name, phone number and address. For those currently approved to receive meals, call on Fridays to leave your meal schedule for the following week.
Please follow the link for COVID-19 updates. https://www.escondido.org/covid-19.aspx
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., evening hours vary; Saturday, hours vary depending on the programs offered; Sunday, 10:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m. for Bingo
Nutrition Program: Monday though Friday 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the dining room
The Park Avenue Community Center offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings.
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning coffee and conversation
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts.
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer.
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables.
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers.
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily.
- Daily van service for the Nutrition Program.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs.
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.