Park Avenue Community Center
Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., evening hours vary; Saturday, hours vary depending on the programs offered; Sunday, 10:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m. for Bingo
Nutrition Program: Monday though Friday 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the dining room
Please Note Effective 3/21/19:
The Park Avenue Community Center is temporarily closed in order to repair flood damage from a broken water heater. Lunch and programs offered at the Nutrition and Deborah E. Boeger (DEBB) buildings will continue as scheduled. We are working as quickly as possible to re-open the PACC, but in order to ensure the safety and comfort of both guests and staff, the facility must remain closed. We anticipate it reopening in about 30 days, and appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to repair this unanticipated situation. Please contact 760-839-6269 if you have questions.
The Park Avenue Community Center offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings.
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning coffee and conversation
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts.
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer.
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables.
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers.
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily.
- Daily van service for the Nutrition Program.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs.
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.