Park Avenue Community Center
Home of Escondido Senior Center
210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m., evening hours vary; Saturday, hours vary depending on the programs offered; Sunday, 10:45 a.m.-4:00 p.m. for Bingo
Nutrition Program: Monday though Friday 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. in the dining room
The Park Avenue Community Center offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings.
- Joslyn Lounge - Morning coffee and conversation
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts.
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer.
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables.
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers.
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily.
- Daily van service for the Nutrition Program.
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs.
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.