- Hours of Operation: Dawn to dusk, daily.
- Stay on designated marked trails. (Those identified by a name and mileage sign.)
- All plants and animals are protected. The hunting or collecting of any natural features is prohibited.
- Possession of firearms or weapons of any type is prohibited.
- Private motorized vehicles are not permitted within the preserve. Visitors shall park in designated off-site area only.
- Fires are not allowed.
- Fishing, swimming, or overnight camping are not allowed.
- Dogs must remain on a leash that is no longer than 6' at all times.
- Take out what you bring in!
- Mountain bikers shall yield to hikers and equestrians.
- Hikers shall yield to equestrians.
- Alcohol is not allowed.
- Smoking is not allowed.
At this time, the south Boulder Loop Trail between Ranch House Road and the Cougar Ridge Trail is closed to all users. This closure also includes the Rock Ridge Trail. Heavy rains have made these trails impassable. Signs directing users are installed at the Cougar Ridge and Ranch House Road trail heads. Please respect the resource and do not use these trails. Violations of these closures may result in ejection from the Ranch and a citation.
The Caballo Trail from the staging area to the Sage Trail is in poor condition due to severe rutting, ponding and running water. Not recommended for equestrians or bicycles at this time.
Use extreme caution on all other trails, as conditions change and trail treads deteriorate rapidly. Rain is expected later this week (Sunday and Monday, February 26 and 27), and may cause other closures and/or reroutes. Please check this page periodically for updates.