"Escondido Focus," The Escondido Channel Community Bulletin Board, is a computerized listing of public service messages that runs on Channel 19 whenever video segments are not on the air. It provides a listing of community events (such as fairs and concerts), community services, and other noncommercial advertising. The calendar is maintained and managed by the City of Escondido.
The Community Access Bulletin Board is offered as a free public service.
Entities and groups eligible to submit messages for airing over The Escondido Channel include:
- Local governments.
- Local private and public educational institutions.
- Local nonprofit organizations.
- Local service groups.
- Local social and recreational clubs.
While all messages are deemed important, calendar information will be preempted on The Escondido Channel to provide feature programming and critical information to viewers in the event of a major disaster or emergency affecting the city.
Each message is reviewed by the City of Escondido for conformance with eligibility and content guidelines. Priority is given first to City Sponsored events and information, then to announcements submitted by Escondido organizations.
Message Content Requirement and Restrictions
- Messages must be submitted in writing to the City Manager's office in person, by mail, e-mail, or by fax.
- Messages must be submitted at least two weeks before a scheduled event.
- Messages must be brief (typically about 25-30 words). All messages are subject to editing and condensation.
- Time sensitive messages will be displayed through the day of the event or specified deadline.
- Announcements must meet all channel programming policies, objectives, and regulations.
- Messages with no specific event time or deadline will be displayed as long as space permits, at the Administrator's discretion.
The Community Access Bulletin Board is provided as a public service. Therefore, while the City shall endeavor to ensure that the messages submitted by individuals/organizations are transmitted accurately and in a timely manner, the City assumes no liability in connection with the Bulletin Board and makes no warranties or representations that any that any message will, in fact be transmitted accurately or at any particular time. The City cannot take responsibility for the factual accuracy of the information as submitted (i.e., times, dates, specific locations, name spellings and phone numbers). That responsibility rests with the originator of the information.