IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES: Dixon Lake is open to the public. Please check the City of Escondido's COVID-19 web page for rules and restrictions https://www.escondido.org/covid-19.aspx
NOTICE: On November 18, 2020 Escondido’s City Council voted to update the Lakes & Open Space Division’s rental and user fees. New fees will take effect on December 1, 2020. New fees can be viewed HERE.
- Shoreline fishing is currently permitted at Dixon Lake and Lake Wohlford.
- Facial coverings are required when purchasing a fishing permit and social distancing will be enforced.
- Full day boat rentals are currently available. Hourly rentals are not available for the time being.
- Fishing docks at Dixon Lake are open to the public at pre-marked spots on docks. Social distancing is enforced and face coverings are required.
- Camping will partially reopen on weekends (checking in Friday departing Sunday) beginning June 19 through the end of the month.
- Camping will fully reopen beginning July 3, 2020.
- Camping cabin is not available at this time.
Please check back for updates.
Picnic shelter reservations can be made Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., by calling 760-839-4045. Walk-in reservations can be made at the Concession Building at Dixon Lake, 1700 La Honda Drive, Escondido. Additionally, you can make picnic shelter reservations on line by going to www.sunrisereservations.com and entering Dixon Lake in the search field. Picnic reservations can be made up to 90 days in advance. Please note that jumpers are allowed only in certain areas of the park, and a jumper permit must be obtained prior to your event. You cannot obtain a jumper permit on line; you must call the Reservation Line at (760) 839-4045 for the permit. Please call at least 2 weeks in advance for jumper permits, as your vendor must meet minimum insurance and licensing requirements and be from our list of approved and licensed vendors.
ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES AND GLASS CONTAINERS ARE NOT ALLOWED.
Reservations will only be accepted with payment of all use fees and reservation fee.
The parking fee at Dixon Lake is $5.00 per vehicle per day on weekends, holidays and special events, including trout derbies. CASH ONLY, PLEASE.
|Picnic Shelter/Group BBQ Section (25 people per section)
|Air Jump/Rock Climbing Wall Insurance Verification Fee
Dixon Lake Picnic Area Map
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DOGS AT DIXON LAKE
- All dogs must be maintained on a leash of no more than 6’ at all times. The leash must be held or controlled by the person handling the dog.
- All persons bringing dogs to Dixon Lake shall be responsible for immediately cleaning up after the dog. Waste disposal bags shall be placed in a trash can.
- All dogs brought to Dixon Lake must have a current license issued by the animal regulation agency where the dog owner resides. Proof of licensure or current vaccination record may be required at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed within 50’ of the shoreline, nor are they allowed in any boats on the lake. Service animals are exempt from this requirement.
- Dogs shall not be left unattended in any camper, motorhome, tent, vehicle or other camping equipment at any time. Animals in distress will be released from unattended vehicles by the appropriate enforcement agency.
- Continually barking dogs in the campground may result in loss of camping privileges for the owner/handler.
- Dogs are not to be tied to any trees, shrubs, posts, fences or other items at any time.
- Owners of dogs displaying aggressive behavior, whether in the campground or day use areas, will be asked to leave the park with their dog(s).
- No more than three dogs will be allowed in any campsite at any time. Visitors to campsites must register any dogs at the concession stand prior to visiting any campsite. Visiting dogs are counted in the total number of dogs on the site.
- No dogs are allowed in any buildings at Dixon Lake, including restrooms, the rental cabin or the Ranger station. Service animals are exempt from this exclusion.