IMPORTANT COVID-19 UPDATES: Dixon Lake is open to the public. Please check the City of Escondido's COVID-19 web page for rules and restrictions https://www.escondido.org/covid-19.aspx
Due to staffing issues caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, boat rentals have been suspended at Dixon Lake at this time.
NOTICE: On November 18, 2020 Escondido’s City Council voted to update the Lakes & Open Space Division’s rental and user fees. New fees took effect on December 1, 2020. New fees can be viewed HERE.
- Shoreline fishing is currently permitted at Dixon Lake and Lake Wohlford.
- Facial coverings are required when purchasing a fishing permit and social distancing will be enforced.
- Full day boat rentals are currently available. Hourly rentals are not available for the time being.
- Fishing docks at Dixon Lake are open to the public at pre-marked spots on docks. Social distancing is enforced and face coverings are required.
- Camping will partially reopen on weekends (checking in Friday departing Sunday) beginning June 19 through the end of the month.
- Camping will fully reopen beginning July 3, 2020.
- Camping cabin is not available at this time.
Please check back for updates.
For reservations visit https://www.camplife.com and enter Dixon Lake in the search field. All of the information you need to book your stay is available on this site. You can also call the Dixon Lake Reservation Line at (760) 839-4045 Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Our friendly staff will be glad to help you with your reservations.
Wood fires are never allowed (this includes pressed logs) anywhere in the park. Campsite barbecues are designed for charcoal only, and the use of wood or wood products in the barbecues may result in the loss of camping privileges.
Campground and picnic area reservation can now be made on line. You can access the City's reservation system by going to our Sunrise Reservations page and click the "Check Availability" button at the bottom of the page. You can also visit www.sunrisereservations.com, and enter Dixon Lake in the search field. Prompts will help you navigate through the system. Reservations are accepted up to 90 days in advance, and must be paid for in full when booking. Dog fees are also payable on line, but can also be paid at the park when you arrive. Please note that only reservations for campsites and picnic shelters are available on line. To reserve the disabled-accessible cabin or to make a picnic reservation with a jumper, please call the Reservation Line at (760) 839-4045. Campsite and shelter changes and cancellations must be done by phone by calling the Reservation Line.
Check-in time for camping is anytime after 2:00 p.m., and checkout is noon. There is a maximum of 4 adults (and up to 4 children) allowed per campsite. There is a $5.00 reservation fee for each campsite reserved.
CHARCOAL FIRES ONLY. WOOD FIRES OR PRESSED WOOD LOGS ARE NEVER PERMITTED DUE TO EXTREME FIRE DANGER.
DELUXE CAMPSITES DO NOT HAVE A REGULAR 120V OUTLET BUT RATHER A 30AMP OUTLET. ADAPTERS CAN BE USED AND ARE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE AT THE CONCESSION STAND.
DIXON LAKE RACCOON UPDATE
If you've been to Dixon Lake lately, you may have noticed that we've had a bit of an increase in 4-legged bandit activity. Our raccoon population has been taking advantage of food and trash left out on tables and near trash cans. While the raccoons are not as dangerous as the famous Yosemite bears, they can be quite assertive when it comes to taking what they want, when they want it. Here are a few tips to keep the "bandits" at bay:
- Never leave food out on tables when you leave your campsite. Put all food in your car or in the food storage locker provided on the campsite.
- Do not entice the raccoons with handouts. This only makes them expect to be fed, which leads to assertive behavior when they're ignored.
- Make sure the lid to your trash can is fully secured. You may notice raccoon tracks on our trash can lids, because they can climb easily. However, they have not been able to open lids that are properly secured.
- Don't leave extra bags of trash next to the trash cans. If you have more trash than will fit in a trash can, notify a member of the Dixon Lake staff. Someone will stop by and properly dispose of the excess trash.
- Finally, remember that raccoons and pets don't mix, and pet food left out on your campsite will only invite trouble.
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR DOGS AT DIXON LAKE
- All dogs must be maintained on a leash of no more than 6' at all times. The leash must be held or controlled by the person handling the dog.
- All persons bringing dogs to Dixon Lake shall be responsible for immediately cleaning up after the dog. Waste disposal bags shall be placed in a trash can.
- All dogs brought to Dixon Lake must have a current license issued by the animal regulation agency where the dog owner resides. Proof of licensure or current vaccination record may be required at any time.
- Dogs are not allowed within 50' of the shoreline, nor are they allowed in any boats on the lake. Service animals are exempt from this requirement.
- Dogs shall not be left unattended in any camper, motor home, tent, vehicle or other camping equipment at any time. Animals in distress will be released from unattended vehicles by the appropriate enforcement agency.
- Continually barking dogs in the campground may result in loss of camping privileges for the owner/handler.
- Dogs are not to be tied to any trees, shrubs, posts, fences or other items at any time.
- Owners of dogs displaying aggressive behavior, whether in the campground or day use areas, will be asked to leave the park with their dog(s).
- No more than three dogs will be allowed in any campsite at any time. Visitors to campsites must register any dogs at the concession stand prior to visiting any campsite. Visiting dogs are counted in the total number of dogs on the site.
- No dogs are allowed in any buildings at Dixon Lake, including restrooms, the rental cabin or the Ranger station. Service animals are exempt from this exclusion.
FOR OUR DISABLED GUESTS:
For people whose impaired mobility makes use of traditional camping facilities difficult or unlikely, Dixon Lake offers an accessible cabin. Read more.
|Regular Campsite (Table, Charcoal Grill & Locker - water nearby):
|2 vehicle maximum per campsite (strictly enforced)
|Deluxe Campsite (Table, Charcoal Grill, Locker, Water, 30amp Electric Hookup & Sewer):
|2 vehicle maximum per campsite (strictly enforced)
Beginning April 1, 2018, there is a $1 fee per night for each dog (maximum 3 dogs per campsite).
Please note that the campground stay limit is 14 nights within a 30 day period. Once you've reached 14 days, you must be checked out of the campground for 16 days. This policy is to ensure a fair and equitable way for all to enjoy our facilities.
|Available by reservation. Please call 760-839-4045, Monday-Friday, from 7:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Campground Reservation Cancellation Policy:
- Reservations canceled prior to 14 days of the check-in date may be re-scheduled to another date, or receive a full refund minus the $5 non-refundable reservation fee.
- Cancellations made between 14 days and 24 hours prior to the check-in date will not receive a refund, but a full credit for the amount of the reservation will be given. This credit must be used within 180 days from the date of cancellation. If this credit is used to re-schedule at the time of cancellation, a new reservation fee will not be charged. If the credit is used at a later time to make a reservation, a new $5 reservation fee will be charged.
- Cancellations made after 24 hours of the check in date will forfeit the first day's camping fee. The remainder of the camping fee will be given as a credit. This credit must be used within 180 days from the start of the original check-in date.