SR-78 Corridor Project Updates
Caltrans is currently performing upgrades to State Route 78 in Escondido. As improvements are made you will see work occurring on Broadway and Washington Ave. At the conclusion of the work later this fall, residents and motorists will see and feel an improvement in ride quality and the road lifetime will be extended. As part of this project, Caltrans will be making improvements to crosswalks and pedestrian signals as well as including bike routes. More information can be found on the project website here. We will be sharing additional information about the schedule of work as it becomes available.
- Work on this project occurs overnight between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m.
- For additional information contact Caltrans Public Information officer, Stephen Welborn at 619-913-9452.
Escondido Public Works to the Rescue
Last week, our Public Works department received a panicked call from a resident. He explained that his daughter had lost her most prized possession… her cellphone. The phone was accidentally dropped down a storm drain inlet and believed to be gone for good.
Our storm water crew jumped into action and quickly retrieved the device from the inlet, resulting in no damage. Great job Public Works!
San Diego County Moves to Orange Tier
As of April 7, San Diego County has moved into the “Orange Tier” of the States Blueprint for a Safer Economy.
For a full list of what has changed from the “Red Tier” click here.
- Restaurants: Indoor seating increases to 50% capacity or 200 people maximum. The 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. curfew is also ending.
- Gyms and Fitness Centers: 25% capacity indoors; indoor pools can open.
- Wineries and Breweries: 25% or 100 people indoors maximum
- Museums, Zoos and Aquariums: 50% capacity for indoor activities.
- Places of Worship: 50% capacity indoor activities.
- Bars with no food service: Open outdoors with modifications.
- All retail: No capacity limits.
Please continue to wear a facial covering and practice social distancing.
The April edition of the Economic Development business newsletter is out now! This issue includes articles on Escondido’s housing industry, Lexus Auto Centre, business resources and COVID support, and much more! Read the issue and subscribe here.
2nd Saturday Art Walk
Don't miss the 2nd Saturday Art Walk on Grand Avenue this Saturday, April 10! In addition to the art walk, check out the barrier murals along Grand Avenue. The murals now have a self-guided walking tour with information about each artist. Just look for the QR codes to pull up information on your smart phone. For more information, click here.
. . . read more