210 Park Avenue
Escondido, CA 92025
Office Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m.
Center Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m., evening hours vary; Saturday, hours vary depending on the programs offered; and Sunday, 10:45 a.m.–4:00 p.m. for Bingo
Jointly funded by the City, County of San Diego and private donations, the Park Avenue Community Center offers a wide range of services and programs to older adults aged 50 and over.
This busy senior center serves over 400–500 seniors Monday–Friday with a wide variety of programs, services, activities, and volunteer opportunities. More than 100 organizations and 200 volunteers enjoy participating in social activities and direct services as well as support services at the center. Other activities are offered in the evening through Community Services, OASIS, and a multitude of community organizations.
The Park Avenue Community Center's monthly newsletter called "Whatcha Call It" contains news, activities, resources, and a lotta fun too! Here you will find details information regarding programs and activities offered through the City of Escondido, Park Avenue Café monthly menu, as well as information about Enterprises Corporation, the Senior Service Council Escondido, OASIS, and a handy community phone list.
Come to the Park Avenue Community Center for friendship, food, and fun!
The Park Avenue Community Center Offers:
- A large auditorium for weekly dances, Bingo, exercise, and meetings
- Joslyn Lounge – Morning coffee and chit chat room
- Tournament-quality shuffleboard courts
- A library complete with soft/hard cover books, reference section, daily newspapers, and a large print type viewer
- A billiards room with six well maintained pool tables
- Thrift shop manned by all senior volunteers
- The Park Avenue Café dining room where delicious lunches are served daily
- Daily van service for the Nutrition Program
- Volunteer opportunities for those who would like to assist with the front information desk, Park Avenue Café serving, coffee service, and library needs
- Resource office
- A drop site for Meals-on-Wheels, Greater San Diego, Inc. for volunteers to pick up hot meals to deliver to homebound frail, elderly seniors.
Park Avenue Café Nutrition Program
The Nutrition Program is sponsored by the City of Escondido and the County of San Diego Aging and Independence Services. Developed to promote healthy and nutritionally balance lunch for seniors, the nutrition program serves delicious meals Monday through Friday in our beautiful dining room! Lunch is served from 11:30 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. For those ages 60 years and older meals are served for a suggested donation of $3.00; for those 59 and younger the cost for the meal is $4.00.
Please make reservation at least 24 hours before you plan to join us for lunch, by calling 760-839-4803. Please leave a message letting us know what day or days you would like to dine.
The Park Avenue Community Center partners with Redwood Senior Homes and Service for transportation to and from the senior center. Van service is available for those that live in the Escondido city limits. For those 60 years and older, a suggested donation of 50 cents each way is greatly appreciated. For those 59 and younger a fee of $1.50 each way is paid when you board. Although it is not required at this time, we do encourage you to dine with us at the Park Avenue Cafe each time you ride.
To make your reservation please call 760-738-6590. Leave a message with your name, address, and phone number. An Elderlink staff member will return your call.