Volunteer/Intern Job Description
The Escondido City Manager’s Office is currently seeking volunteers (and credit-only interns) to work in the Visit Escondido tourism Visitors Center in downtown Escondido.
We are seeking volunteers with the following skills:
- Good communicators, in person and written.
- Strong customer service skills, professionalism and dependability.
- Proficient computer skills in the use of internet browsers and search engines, as well as accurate data entry to post events with images to the website content management system. WordPress experience a plus, but we will train.
- Able to administer judgment and discretion when interacting with the public.
Volunteers will be responsible for a wide range of duties that may include:
- Providing area information to walk-in and call-in visitors and residents.
- Calendar of events: gathering info and posting events to the VE website in WordPress.
- Posting information on various other website calendars.
- Social Media: curating content, writing, monitoring, and tracking.
- Assisting with office organizational projects and information packet mailers.
- Researching and assisting with press releases and collateral materials.
Work Schedule is variable. The Visitors Center is open Tuesday through Friday,
10am-4pm. We prefer a 2-hour minimum commitment per days worked. Some night or weekend event assistance may be requested, but not required.
There is no wage payment available for this position; it is fully volunteer at this time.
The Visitors Center is a public-access facility located downtown at 235 East Grand Avenue, between Kalmia and Juniper Streets. Public hours of operation are Tuesday through Friday, 10am-4pm, closed Mondays. Some Monday scheduling may be possible. For more information about Visit Escondido, go to VisitEscondido.com.
A COMPLETED CITY VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS REQUIRED
For more information and to request an application, call Katherine Zimmer at
760-839-4777 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Mail or drop off a completed City Volunteer Application to the
Visitors Center or to City Manager’s counter at City Hall
201 N. Broadway, Escondido, CA 92025
July 2, 2013