Step 1: Fill out the Engineering Deposit Claim Form and Release and Indemnification Agreement and submit it to the City of Escondido Engineering Department. 

Step 2: The City will review your claim to determine rightful ownership and whether engineering work secured by the deposit has been completed to City standards. 

Step 3: If your claim is accepted, you will be required to submit (or provide a copy of) the following information to release the deposit:

  1. Photo Identification
  2. Social Security card if an individual or an Employer Identification Number and IRS Form W9 if a business
  3. If claiming on behalf of a company, a letter of authorization on company letterhead identifying those officers or officials with the authority to sign and claim on behalf of the business
  4. If the company merged with another company, a copy of the merger agreement
  5. If the company was dissolved, a copy of the articles of dissolution
  6. Depending upon the claim, you may be required to show evidence you or the company you represent made the deposit (original engineering permit or deposit receipt, project-related correspondence, etc.) 

In accordance with Government Code 50052, if your claim is rejected, you may file a verified complaint seeking to recover all, or a designated part, of the money in a court of competent jurisdiction within the county. The copy of the complaint and summons shall be served within 30 days of receiving notice that the claim has been rejected. Funds shall be held until a decision is rendered by the court. If you have any questions about this process, please do not hesitate to contact Gabrielle Restivo at (760) 839‐4039.