FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Cathy Janovitz, 760-839-4283
Escondido, CA – Escondido Public Library’s Teen Summer Reading Club, for teens entering grades 7 – 12, is in full swing through August 1, 2015. Teens join the club by registering online at library.escondido.org/src and logging reading and program participation hours to earn prizes. The last day to register is July 20, 2015.
Participants can earn prizes by reaching each of three reading levels (10, 15, and 20 hours). Attendance at program events counts toward reading hours as well. The Teen Summer Reading Club highlights this year’s theme, Read to the Rhythm with a full schedule of music and art programs that include:
- Board Game Afternoon – Every Friday, June 19 – July 24, 2015, from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Challenge friends to a variety of board games.
- Folklorico (Mexican Folk Dance) – June 27, 2015, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Learn about the art of Mexican Folklorico dancing in this cultural and musical experience.
- Rock ‘n’ Craft – July 8, 2015, from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Make a craft from a vinyl record.
- Burritos & Book Club – July 15, 2015, from 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. Read one of the Read to the Rhythm book picks and come ready to chat about it and other favorite books while enjoying free burritos.
- Triceratropical in a Live Concert! – July 18, 2015, from 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Two acoustic performances followed by the alternative rock band, Triceratropical.
- Esco Teens Create – July 22, 2015, from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Teens earn community service credit while making produce bags.
- Hula Basics – July 25, 2015, from 11:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Learn basic Hula steps and enjoy the “aloha attitude” with traditional and modern Hawaiian music.
- Escondido’s Got Talent – July 29, 2015, from 3:30 – 5:30 p.m. Sign up to perform in our talent show and compete against fellow teens to win a cash prize.
- Read to the Rhythm After-Hours Party – Teens who log 25 or more hours by July 26, 2015, will be invited to the After-Hours Party, featuring games, food, contests, prizes, and more.
Library programs are generously sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. Burritos and Books is sponsored by Taco Bell located at 627 N. Escondido Boulevard in Escondido, CA. All programs are free and open to the public. For more information on the Teen Summer Reading Club and other Library programs, visit the Library’s website at library.escondido.org/src or call Teen Librarian Cathy Janovitz at 760-839-4283. Escondido Public Library is located at 239 S. Kalmia St., Escondido, CA 92025.