Project Description: The Recycled Water Easterly Agriculture Distribution System (RWEADS) generally consists of the following:
- Construction of approximately 9,700 lineal feet (LF) of HDPE pipelines ranging from 8-inches to 20-inches in diameter;
- Installation of approximately 400 LF of ductile iron pipelines ranging from 10-inches to 20-inches in diameter and installed on Contractor designed pipe bridges;
- Installation of four 3-inch service meter connections;
- Installation of six 4-inch service meter connections;
- Installation of one 20-inch pressure reducing valve; and assorted valves and appurtenances.
The majority of the pipeline alignments are located within hilly and rocky terrain and trenching may need to be accomplished with the use of rock breaking equipment and/or explosives.
Estimated Construction Schedule – 448 calendar days
The City Council awarded the project to S.C. Valley Engineering Inc. on July 14, 2021 in the amount of $5,883,214. Construction is expected to begin in September 2021 and anticipated to be completed by December 2022. Funding for this project has been provided in full or in part by Proposition 68 and Clean Water State Revolving Fund through an agreement with the State Water Resources Control Board. California's Clean Water State Revolving Fund is capitalized through a variety of funding sources, including grants from the United States Environmental Protection Agency and state bond proceeds.
Sam Lopez – Field Engineering Inspector 442-777-8842
Randy Manns – Utilities Construction Project Manager 760-839-6290, x7031