The Public Art Commission functions in an advisory capacity in matters pertaining to art in public places. Areas of focus include:
- Reviewing, selecting, and approving proposed art work
- Devising methods of selecting and commissioning artists with respect to the design, execution, and placement of art
- Advising the City in matters pertaining to the quality, quantity, scope, and style of art
- Advising the City on the amount of public art funds to be expended on specific art projects
- Reviewing and maintaining an inventory of art and advising in matters pertaining to the maintenance, placement, alteration, sale, transfer, ownership, and acceptance or refusal of donations
- Recommending consultants
- Seeking grants, donations, gifts, and other funding methods for art
- Educating the public about art
||Seven members ( List of board members )
||Quarterly, on the Second Monday of each month, 3:00 p.m.
|Length of Term:
||Community Services Department
||Must reside or have a business within the geographic boundaries of the General Plan
||Must submit conflict of interest statements
||City staff provides an initial orientation and ethics training in accordance with state law.