Over the Thanksgiving weekend Ryan Park will be the home to the San Diego Surf Cup. The Surf Cup is an international youth soccer tournament. Majority of the games will be played at the new El Corazon Park located in Oceanside. Ryan Park will have 167 games and 102 teams from Southern California, Northern California, Arizona, Nevada, Utah, and Guam. There will be age groups from u8 all the way up to u15. We can expect around 5000 players and spectators in the Ryan Park area on Friday November 28th and Saturday November 29th.
No special events this weekend.
- Westminster Seminary submitted an application to modify their Conditional Use Permit for their campus at 1725 Bear Valley Drive. The project includes construction of eight two-story building containing 64 units of multi-family housing for graduate students, a new 2,200 SF Commons building and a new two-story, 11,147 SF Education Building on the 18.07 acre campus.
- Major Projects Update:
- Oak Creek (NUW) – The consultant continues to prepare draft responses to comments on the Draft EIR; staff reviews the draft responses as they become available. Due to the extensive number of comments received, the anticipated submittal date for the Final EIR has been extended several weeks, with public hearings anticipated at the beginning of next year. Staff also met with representatives from Escondido Neighbors United to discuss their concerns and alternative project designs, which have been forwarded to the applicant.
- Amanda Lane (NUW) – The consultant is revising the Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration in response to staff comments and is exploring alternatives for abatement of construction noise impacts.
- Centerpointe 78 Commercial – The Draft EIR remains on hold at the applicant’s request pending resolution of traffic mitigation requirements. The applicant is exploring alternative design of the Broadway/SR 78 intersection (within Caltrans jurisdiction) to avoid relocation of underground utility vaults.
- North Broadway Deficiency Area Projects – The Pickering annexation is anticipated to be considered by LAFCO in March 2015. The application for the Zenner annexation and 40-unit subdivision remains incomplete. Staff met with the project engineers to discuss on and offsite utility improvements to be addressed in the environmental document and proposed development agreement.
- Zak Planned Development – The applicant’s engineer has submitted revised improvement plans for to address conflicts between the sewer force main and the storm drain improvements. The revised plans are under review.
- Building had another busy week, issuing 57 permits for the week with a total valuation of $330,630. Most of the permits issued were photovoltaic, tenant improvements, room addition and miscellaneous type permits.
- Inspections and counter contacts remain constant with average daily inspections of 28 with 29 on Friday and average daily counter contacts of 32 with 32 on Friday.
- Photovoltaic permits are again dominating the permit activity for the week with 16 permits issued and 21 more in for plan review. Building has issued 695 photovoltaic permits this year compared to 396 issued at the same time last year.
- Plans to build a three- story, 66 unit apartment building located at 2081 Garden Valley Glen for Meadowbrook Senior Living were submitted for plan review.
- Construction activity continues at the Chick-Fil-A at 1290 Auto Parkway. Inspection of Temporary power installation scheduled for today.
- Construction activity and inspections are continuing at the Monticello assisted living facilities at 930 Monticello Dr.
- Our two Development Technicians who assist the public at the Building counter will be retiring this week.
2013/2014 Street Maintenance Project:
The contractor has one item remaining on the project punch list before processing final billing
Maple Street Pedestrian Plaza Modifications:
The project is complete.
The Jesmond Dene Ball Field Lights:
The Notice to Proceed is set for Tuesday, November 25th; the contractor will have 70 working days to complete the project.
Bear Valley Parkway between Boyle Avenue and San Pasqual Road, County Project:
The contractor is continuing to installing the 24” water line along Bear Valley Parkway between Boyle Avenue and Birch Avenue. New water service laterals are being installed to customers on the west side of Bear Valley Parkway. This work is causing short delays to traffic along this section of roadway. The intersection at Birch Avenue at Bear valley parkway is closed to all through traffic. The detour route is in place.
Habitat for Humanity:
On-site work is completed. The water main and sewer main will be connected to the City system with the Elm Street improvements.
PLANNED POWER OUTAGE
San Diego Gas and Electric has scheduled a planned power outage for Tuesday, December 2 at 12:00PM for up to 1.5 Hours to replace a transformer in the area of Mountain View Park (weather permitting and barring any other unforeseen circumstances).
- PD’s Facebook Page is up to 4,000 likes
- PD attended the Cadet/Explorer Recognition Dinner in Coronado (Cadets James Albergo & Cristino Quinonez were recognized)
- Captain Loarie and our PERT Team attended a Transgender training lecture by the US Attorney General