Neighborhood Services arranges Neighborhood Cleanups in order to beautify our community, improve the appearance of your neighborhoods and to provide an opportunity for neighbors to help each other. Come and meet your neighbors while working on your neighborhood. If you have any questions, please contact your Neighborhood Leader or contact Danielle Lopez at 760-839-4841.
City and Neighborhood Staff will monitor all vehicles participating in your Neighborhood Cleanup. They will make the final decision on accepting any items for disposal.
Proof of residency in your Neighborhood will be required. Remember, the dumpster space is limited. If you have more than one load, you may be asked to wait until all Neighborhood residents have been given an opportunity to bring at least one load of trash.
The products listed below WILL NOT be accepted at your Neighborhood Cleanup
- All paint products
- Cleansers and pool chemicals
- Used motor oil
- Oil filters
- Automotive batteries
- All non empty aerosol cans
- Common batteries – AA, AAA, D, C, etc.
- Fluorescent light tubes and bulbs
- Computers, printers, miscellaneous computer equipment
- Cell phones and accessories
- Televisions, VCRs, radios, stereos
- Any items containing mercury such as gauges, thermometers, thermostats and switches
- All household appliances such as stoves, ovens, clothes dryers, water heaters, furnaces and space heaters
Disposal of Hazardous Waste
Escondido residents can dispose of household hazardous waste in Escondido. For your convenience, Escondido Disposal Incorporated (EDI) operates a household hazardous waste facility located at 1044 West Washington Avenue in Escondido.
This facility is open on an appointment-only basis, two Saturdays per month. Please call 760-745‑3203 between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday–Friday, to find out the available dates and schedule an appointment. When you arrive for your appointment, use the center express lane and follow it all the way to the back of our facility. Do not stop at scales. This is a FREE service for Escondido residents.
All sofas or large furniture items must be broken down.