Gillis + Panichapan Architects, Inc. have been selected to conduct the Needs Assessment for the relocation of the Public Works Yard.
- The Chamber of Commerce Annual Installation Dinner at Daley Ranch will be held on Friday, June 13, 2014 – 5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- 1 Milla por Amor, will be held on Sunday, June 15, 2014 – Grape Day Park 2:00 to 6:30 p.m.
This event is to promote the father figure in our society especially in the Latin culture. They are hoping to promote forgiveness and reconciliation between fathers and children and provide keys for successful parenting. Sponsored by Ministerios Eglafe, a church group that meets at the CCAE.
- CCAE 20th Anniversary Season Preview Party will be held on Thursday, June 19th from 7 pm – 9 pm. Preview the Center’s stellar 20th anniversary lineup at the Season Preview Party Mix and mingle while enjoying light bites, entertainment and a cash bar in the beautiful Lyric Court. The season preview video will premiere at 8:30 pm. RSVP for this free event is required at http://artcenter.org/event/season-preview-party/.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
o Oak Creek (NUW) – The EIR consultant is preparing revisions in response to staff comments on the first screencheck draft for the EIR. The tentative schedule anticipates issuance of the draft EIR for public review by the end of June.
o Amanda Lane (NUW) – The applicant is working on a resubmittal package which is anticipated to be submitted by the end of the week.
o Zak/NCA Development – The City Council hearing date is scheduled for 6/11/14.
o Centerpointe 78 Commercial: – The Notice of Preparation (NOP) for EIR was issued, with comments due on 7/7/14. The NOP is the opportunity for the public and other agencies to identify potential issues for analysis in the EIR and to recommend mitigation measures.
o North Broadway Deficiency Area Projects: – The two 16-lot subdivisions at 926 Lehner Ave (Baker), and 836 Stanley Ave. (Boer) and the associated development agreements are scheduled for Council consideration on June 18th.
o The U.S Department of Health and Human Services application for a Conditional Use Permit for a Youth Special Needs Facility at the former Palomar Continuing Care facility on Avenida Del Diablo is scheduled to be considered by the Planning Commission on 6/24/14. The facility is proposed to be operated by Southwest Keys. Staff has received comments and concerns from neighboring residents in response to the public notice.
- Staff has been notified by the Strategic Growth Council that Escondido has been awarded a Sustainable Communities Planning Grant for $172,754. The grant, which received a ranking of #2 in the State, will be used to prepare the Area Plans for South Quince and South Escondido Boulevard Target Areas as part of the General Plan Implementation effort. Congratulations to Karen Youel, the management analyst who prepared the grant application!
- Building had a strong week issuing 52 permits for the week with a total valuation of $1,415,736. Inspections and counter contacts remain constant with average daily inspections of 22 with 30 on Friday and average daily counter contacts of 32 with 34 on Friday.
- Building issued 12 photovoltaic permits this week, for a total of 228 permits to date.
- Inspections for the Habitat for Humanity Builder’s Blitz on N. Elm went smoothly, with our senior building inspector, Roy Roberts and inspector Ed Chase stopping by the site for inspections in the morning, midday and in the afternoon to help keep the project moving and on schedule. The Blitz included one two-story single family dwelling and one two-story duplex completed in 5 days.
- The New McDonalds restaurant at 1146 E. Valley Parkway received final inspection approval and a Certificate of Occupancy.
- The Classical Academy at 207 E. Pennsylvania (the old North County Times building) is moving forward with inspections towards their September school opening.
PUBLIC WORKS UPDATE
Capital Improvement Projects
2013 - 2014 Pavement Repair and Rehabilitation Program:
The project has two minor areas of work remaining within this contract; the construction of an asphalt sidewalk along Barham Drive between Myers Avenue and the City limits and additional asphalt repairs in the Oak Hill neighborhood. The work will be completed by June 16.
Red Flex Camera Removal:
A preconstruction meeting is set for Wednesday June 11; a construction schedule will be available after that meeting for the removal of the remaining Redflex camera systems.
1146 East Valley Parkway- McDonald’s Restaurant:
The new restaurant is set for its Grand Opening on Tuesday June 10th. All public improvements are completed.
Tract 888-Cambell Court:
The construction of the new roadway is complete.
Black Angus-North County Fair:
The construction of the underground utilities is ongoing which include private sewer, domestic water service and fire protection line.
- The Mobile Data Computers (MDCs) that were purchased with CIP funding have been received and configured for use. Fire personnel completed training this week on the operation and use of the MDCs. The new MDCs (computer tablets) are being installed in all of the front line apparatus this week and going right into service. The remainder of the MDCs will be installed in the reserve apparatus and chief vehicles by the end of the month. The MDCs will make communication quicker and easier between the communication’s center and field units. Much of the communication will be as simple as pushing a button to document when they arrive on scene.
- On Saturday, June 14th, the Fire Department will host its’ Open House at Fire Station 4 in Kit Carson Park. The Open House will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.