FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Monica Barrette, 760-839-4836
Escondido, CA – Escondido Public Library will celebrate the New Year with special programs planned during the month of January. All events are free, open to the public, and held in the Library’s Turrentine Room.
- The Escondido Writers Group meets at Escondido Public Library on the first Tuesday of every month, from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Meet other writers and published authors and learn from them in a supportive environment. Participants are encouraged to bring samples of their current writing projects.
- Adult Winter Crafts: Watercolor Painting with Cotton Swabs: On Tuesday, January 6, from 10:30 p.m. –12:00 p.m., bring out your inner artist by using cotton swabs and watercolors to create a unique art piece.
- 2nd Tuesday Book Club will meet January 9th from 6:00 –7:30 p.m. for a discussion of H is for Hawk. Helen Macdonald presents an award-winning and gorgeously written account of how she managed her grief at losing her father. A naturalist and falconer, Macdonald trains a bird of prey to hunt and finds parallels to her own experiences in a beautiful book ripe for discussion.
- 2nd Saturday Concert Series Presents Louis Landon for all ages on Saturday, January 13, from 3:00 p.m.-- 4:30 p.m. Steinway Artist Louis Landon, the self-described Pianist for Peace, aspires to create a more loving and peaceful world by writing, recording, and performing music from the heart. Landon will perform a solo piano concert of his original compositions.
- Rincon Literario, Bilingual Book Club is discussing Isabel Allende’s newest novel Mas alla del inviemo/In the Midst of Winter in both English and Spanish on Saturday, January 27, from 10:30 – 11:45 a.m.
All library programs are free, open to the public, and generously sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. The Library is located at 239 S. Kalmia Street in downtown Escondido. For more information about January programs visit library.escondido.org or contact Senior Librarian Monica Barrette at firstname.lastname@example.org or 760-839-4836.