The El Norte Parkway Improvement Project will construct new improvements in the area of the Escondido Creek Channel, bringing El Norte Parkway to its ultimate width to improve traffic flow. The Project will also add landscaped medians along El Norte Parkway between El Norte Hills Place and East Valley Parkway. A signalized pedestrian crossing will be added to increase pedestrian safety and welcome users at the existing bike path where the Escondido Creek Trail crosses El Norte Parkway. The new trailhead entry sign will be installed where the Escondido Creek Trail crosses El Norte Parkway.
September 2019 – March 2020
- Construction of the second bridge over the Escondido Creek
- Addition of another lane in each direction on El Norte Parkway
- Construction of landscaped medians
- Undergrounding of existing overhead utilities
- Signalized pedestrian crossing
- Escondido Creek trailhead entry sign
January 2020 – Update
Figure 1 and 2 illustrate the channel wall repair and median curb being placed. Bridge barrier walls and sidewalk have been placed. Electrical conduit and signal pole foundations are currently being installed, along with the restoration of the channel walls. Figure 3 illustrates the current status of the bridge and adjacent future median area. Forty-six (46) working days are remaining for project completion.
Previous Project Updates:
- John Houston, City of Escondido Field Engineering Inspector
Office: (760) 839-3811, Email: email@example.com
- Please note: To report non-emergency traffic safety issues outside of our normal working hours, and you feel this requires immediate attention, please contact our Non-Emergency Escondido Police Dispatch @ 760-839-4722. When calling this number, please press "9" to speak with a live dispatch operator. Dispatch is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.