City of Escondido
Dixon Lake Fishing Map
Boat Dock Cove
– Good for trout and bass.
– Handicap accessible; end of pier good for catfish during warm months; rock pile below end of pier good for bass during spawn.
– Excellent trout; location of underwater pipe supplying water to lake; occasionally large bass caught here.
Jack Creek Cove
– Good trout area during spawning seasons.
– End of pier good for catfish during warmer months and trout as the shallow waters warm during late season; sporadic bass fishing.
– Excellent catfish fishing from deeper waters in center of cove; excellent bass fishing in shallow waters during spawning season.
– End of pier excellent for catfish during warmer months; sporadic trout fishing.
– Cove and adjacent rocky point excellent for bass during spawning seasons.
– Excellent trout; one of the most consistent on lake; good bass and catfish fishing during seasons.
– Excellent catfish fishing during warmer months; excellent trout fishing on trout stock days and from deep waters from the center of the line, as the shallow waters warm during late season.
– Good bass fishing among rocks at end of point.
– Excellent catfish hole; remains good through fall into winter.