- The Commissioners Cup soccer tournament will be played at Ryan Park this weekend on December 6th and 7th. There will be 69 teams and around 3,000 players and spectators in the area. Majority of the teams are from Southern California. There is a chance of rain for this weekend. The Escondido Soccer Club and Escondido Parks Maintenance will make the final call if fields are not playable.
- This weekend Triple Crown will host their Christmas qualifier toy drive girls fast pitch tournament. They will have 113 games played on all 8 of our fields in Kit Carson. We can expect around 3,000 players and spectators in the area throughout the day on December 6th and 7th. Teams are from California, Arizona, and Nevada.
- Thursday, December 4, 5:31 p.m. – 8:31p.m.
- Under the Dome at City Hall
- Tickets are $20
- Cali Coalition Toy Drive & Car Show benefitting Toys 4 Tots
- Grape Day Park
- Saturday, December 6, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Free to attend
- Holiday Tree Lighting and Winter Wonderland Festival
- California Center for the Arts, Escondido
- Saturday, December 6, 3:00 p.m. -8:00 p.m.
- Free to attend
- The County Department of Parks and Recreation is taking the lead on coordinating a revised Joint Exercise of Power Agreement (JEPA) for the San Dieguito River Valley Regional Open Space Park Joint Powers Authority (JPA). The JPA staff is proposing to present a draft JEPA for JPA Board consideration at their December 12th meeting.
- Major Projects Update:
- Oak Creek (NUW) – The consultant continues to prepare draft responses to comments on the Draft EIR; staff reviews the draft responses as they become available. Due to the extensive number of comments received, the anticipated submittal date for the Final EIR has been extended into January. Staff continues to review revised plan submittals as they are received.
- Amanda Lane (NUW) – Revisions to the Draft Mitigated Negative Declaration have been submitted and are under review by staff; the review will be completed next week. Staff anticipates the document would be released for public review in December and begin public hearings in late February.
- Centerpointe 78 Commercial – The Draft EIR remains on hold at the applicant’s request pending resolution of traffic mitigation requirements. The applicant is exploring alternative design of the Broadway/SR 78 intersection (within Caltrans jurisdiction) to avoid relocation of underground utility vaults.
- North Broadway Deficiency Area Projects – The Pickering annexation is anticipated to be considered by LAFCO in March 2015. The application for the Zenner annexation and 40-unit subdivision remains incomplete. Staff continues to meet with the project engineers to discuss the design of on and offsite utility improvements to be addressed in the environmental document and proposed development agreement.
- Zak Planned Development – The applicant’s engineer has submitted revised improvement plans for to address conflicts between the sewer force main and the storm drain improvements. The revised plans are under review.
- The monthly Building Activity Report for November is attached. The Year to Date number of permits and building valuation is up significantly compared to 2013.
- With a short holiday work week, Building issued 37 permits for the week with a total valuation of $370,285. Most of the permits issued were photovoltaic, tenant improvements, room addition and miscellaneous type permits.
- Inspections and counter contacts remain constant with average daily inspections of 31 and average daily counter contacts of 32.
- Photovoltaic permits are again dominating the permit activity for the week with 21 permits issued and 15 more in for plan review. Building has issued 716 photovoltaic permits this year compared to 403 issued at the same time last year.
- Construction activity continues at the Chick-Fil-A at 1290 Auto Parkway.
- Construction activity and inspections are continuing at the Monticello assisted living facilities at 930 Monticello Dr.
2013/2014 Street Maintenance Project:
The contractor has one item remaining on the project punch list.
Jesmond Dene Ball Field Lights:
The Notice to Proceed was given on November 25th; the contractor will have 70 working days to complete the project. A site visit was held on Wednesday, December 3rd with the contractor to discuss items of work.
Bear Valley Parkway between Boyle Avenue and San Pasqual Road, County Project:
The contractor is continuing to install the 24” water line along Bear Valley Parkway between Birch Avenue and Idaho Avenue. New water service laterals are being installed to customer on the west side of Bear Valley Parkway. This work is causing short delays to traffic along this section of roadway. The intersection at Birch Avenue at Bear Valley Parkway has been reopened to all traffic. Grading of the new east side roadway alignment is ongoing between Idaho Avenue and San Pasqual Valley Road intersection.
The Police Department completed the sergeant’s assessment center yesterday and hopes to have a certified list next week.
Originally Posted December 08, 2014