Para leer esta información en español, traduzca esta página haciendo clic en el botón que dice "Select language” arriba de la página web.
The health and safety of our community remains our top priority. The City of Escondido is actively taking measures to keep our community safe and to slow the spread of COVID-19. We are committed to following the Governor’s and the County Public Health Officer’s orders in a combined effort to keep our population healthy and safe while providing essential services to our residents.
- The County of San Diego Public Health Orders can be found here.
- Information about safely reopening California can be found here.
- A Declaration of Local Emergency has been signed by Escondido City Manager Jeffrey Epp. As a result, the City is now able to enact emergency powers, as well as potentially gain access to federal and state relief funds. This declaration was ratified by the Escondido City Council on Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Supporting Local Businesses
- Information, news, and resources for local businesses and workers can be found here.
San Diego County Rental & Utility Assistance (for Escondido Residents)
San Diego County residents financially impacted by COVID-19 who need help paying their rent and utilities may qualify for assistance
- For more information on the County’s program, please visit www.sdhcd.org or call 858-694-4801 to speak to a housing representative.
City of Escondido Rental & Utility Assistance Program
*Coming Soon* City of Escondido's Rental & Utility Assistance Program will launch once the Governor lifts the Eviction Moratorium. Participation in the County's Rental & Utility Assistance program (see above) does not exclude Escondido residents from participating in the City's program. Check back for more details.
- Water from the City of Escondido is safe for drinking and other everyday uses. The City of Escondido’s water treatment system continues to function normally. Similar to the flu and the common cold, COVID-19 is not spread through treated water supplies. The Utilities Department takes great care to anticipate many types of emergencies and is prepared to put into action the steps needed to continue the rigorous process of treating and distributing water to our customers. The drinking water provided by the City of Escondido continues to be safe and reliable.
- Utility Billing: Given the importance of personal hygiene in preventing the spread of the COVID-19, we have suspended billing related service shutoffs. We will continue to evaluate this suspension period and remain in compliance with state orders. We have also suspended late fees and past due fees until further notice. If you’re experiencing a financial hardship, please email email@example.com and we will get back with you as soon as possible to make arrangements.
If you have experienced wage or job loss, United Way is in a position to provide economic resources to assist. As part of the San Diego Community Response Fund, United Way has started the San Diego Worker Assistance Initiative. For more information, please visit: https://uwsd.org/covid19/
General COVID-19 Information
County of San Diego Housing Assistance
Utilities & Services