FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Teresa Collins, 760-839-4507
The City of Escondido is taking steps to follow the Governor’s and the County Public Health Officer’s orders about limiting large gatherings. Our Continuity of Operations Plan is in place to ensure that essential City functions can continue to operate safely during this time.
To be compliant with the County of San Diego Public Health Officer’s direction as of 3/12/20 at 3:33 p.m., stating that “…all gatherings of more than 250 people are directed to be postponed or cancelled across the county. This includes concerts, conferences, and professional, college, and school sporting events. Smaller events can proceed only if organizers can implement social distancing of six feet between participants.” the City has cancelled or postponed all non-essential events, gatherings, sporting events, and meetings. These restrictions will remain in effect at least through March 31, 2020.
The following meetings are cancelled and will resume on their regular schedule:
- Historic Preservation Commission – March 19
- Planning Commission – March 24
- Budget Community Meeting – March 31
- Community Advisory Groups – various dates through the end of March
The following meetings will still happen but extra precautions will be put into place to protect the health of those in attendance:
- Zoning Administration Meeting – March 13
- City Council Board and Commission Interviews – March 18
- City Council Meeting – March 25
- If you would like to comment on a Council meeting item, but do not wish to attend in person, you may submit comments by e-mail at email@example.com. City Council meetings are live streamed on our website, broadcasted on Channel 19, and archived on www.escondido.org.
Special Events/Recreation and Library Programming/Tournaments
The following events are cancelled:
- All recreation and Library programming
- Permitted special events – will be cancelled but may be rescheduled by the event organizer
- All outside City facility rentals have been cancelled and may be rescheduled by the event organizer
- Youth and adult sporting events and tournaments
- City organized volunteer events
If you have specific questions about classes and events, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Since programming and facility reservations are cancelled or postponed the East Valley Community Center and the Escondido Sports Center will be closed until March 31, 2020.
- City staff is working with the County on an approved mitigation plan to implement a longer-term plan for meal service. Older adult participants will be notified directly.
After School Programs and Tiny Tots Preschool
- Have been cancelled due to the citywide school closures.
- Lake Dixon, Daley Ranch and Lake Wohlford remain open but school programs hosted at Daley Ranch by the Friends of Daley Ranch are cancelled.
- For those individuals or businesses that need to conduct business with the City, City Hall remains open. You can also interact with the City online in the following ways:
The San Diego County Health and Human Services Agency is the lead agency responsible for coronavirus response countywide. The City of Escondido works in partnership with the County and other local, state and federal health officials to receive guidance and coordinate our response accordingly. We encourage all residents to visit https://www.sdcountyemergency.com/content/oesemergency/en-us.html for the most up-to-date information.