FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Paul Crouthamel, 760-839-4814
Escondido, CA – National Library Week is April 12 – 18, 2015, celebrating the wealth of unlimited resources, programs, and services offered by libraries everywhere. Escondido Public Library extends this celebration throughout April with its own National Library Month, showcasing the variety of programs and services offered to the community. This encompasses more than the traditional provision of print books and materials and offers the community endless possibilities for information access and lifelong learning.
A host of special events and programs will be offered by Escondido Public Library leading into April and during National Library Month. Highlights include:
- March 31, 2015, 6:30 p.m. - An Evening with Doris Martin, Author and Holocaust Survivor.
- April 11, 2015, 3:00 p.m. - 2nd Saturday Concert Series Presents the Kensington Trio, performing classical music with virtuoso skill on piano, violin, and cello.
- April 14, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - 2nd Tuesday Book Club discusses Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie.
- April 21, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - Be Money Smart @ Escondido Public Library – Managing Your Debt/Credit Cards presenting strategies to gain financial freedom and savvy credit card use.
- April 28, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - eReaders eXplained: Download free eBooks, eAudiobooks, and eMagazines, showing Library users how to use their smart devices to access free Library eMaterials.
- April 30, 2015, 3:00 p.m. - Día de los Ninos, Día de los Libros (Children’s Day, Book Day) celebrating children and promoting a love of reading through storytelling and crafts.
“Escondido Public Library has always represented unlimited possibilities,” said Loretta McKinney, Director of Library and Community Services. “The Library is a multi-dimensional purveyor of cultural and educational materials and activities that enlighten and entertain. It is also a community hub, providing a forum for community engagement. Escondido Public Library’s National Library Month shines a spotlight on these programs and services. I invite the public to take advantage of all that we offer.”
Escondido Public Library is located at 239 South Kalmia Street in Escondido. Library programs are free and open to the public and sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. For more information about Library events and programming celebrating National Library Month events, contact Senior Librarian, Paul Crouthamel, at 760-839-4814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional information about the Library’s programs can be found at library.escondido.org.