FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Joanna Axelrod, 760-839-4330
Escondido, CA – National Library Week is celebrated April 10 to 16, 2016, to raise awareness of the resources, programs, and services offered by libraries everywhere. Escondido Public Library extends this celebration throughout April with its own National Library Month, showcasing special programs and services offered to the community. The Library offers endless opportunities to access information and technology that enhance learning, nurture the love of reading, and enrich lives.
In addition to weekly children’s programs and monthly adult book clubs, a host of special events are offered during National Library Month. Highlights include:
- April 2, 2016, 9:00 a.m. - April Pools Day - Join Library and Recreation staff at James A. Stone Pool (131 Woodward Ave, Escondido) for a free water safety expo.
- April 5, 2016, 1:00 p.m. - Escondido Writers Group - Aspiring writers share samples of their work and receive constructive feedback at this new monthly workshop.
- April 9, 2016, 3:00 p.m. - 2nd Saturday Concert Series Presents: Quartetto Sorrento, a classical string quartet.
- April 13, 2016, 10 a.m. - National Bookmobile Day - participate in pop-up programs for all ages throughout the day in the Library's parking lot.
- April 28, 2016, 3:30 p.m. - Día de los Ninos, Día de los Libros (Children’s Day, Book Day) Celebration with music, storytelling, and crafts honoring children families, books, and reading.
“Service to the community has always been the focus of the Library,” said Cynthia Smith, Assistant Library Director. “Libraries level the playing field for people of any age who are seeking information and access to technologies that will improve their quality of life. Escondido Public Library invites everyone in our community to discover the treasure chest of learning and cultural opportunities during National Library Month. I hope you’ll come visit!”
Escondido Public Library is located at 239 South Kalmia Street in Escondido. Library programs are free, open to the public, and sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. For more information about Library programming celebrating National Library Month, contact Principal Librarian Joanna Axelrod at 760-839-4330 or at email@example.com. Additional information about the Library’s programs can be found at library.escondido.org.