When are the City Council meetings held?

The City Council meets on the first four Wednesdays of the month at 5:00p.m. in the Council Chambers at 201 North Broadway, Escondido. You can confirm meeting dates and times by calling the City Clerk 760-839-4617. A Closed Session may be held at 4:00 p.m.

When will the City Council agenda be ready?

The agendas are available on Thursday (after 3:30 p.m.) before the upcoming City Council meeting.

The City Clerk's office notifies the community when the agenda has been posted through a free subscriber service. If you would like to be placed on our notification list, please go to www.nixle.com and register. Other community related messages or alerts from the City of Escondido are posted utilizing this system; at the time of registration you may indicate your preferences.

How can I find out what’s on the agenda?

The agenda and back-up materials are available online, at the City Clerk's office, the Main Library at 239 South Kalmia, and posted at the Council Chambers.

How do I address the City Council at a meeting?

When you enter the Council Chambers, pick up a yellow speaker slip located in the racks on either side of the room. Fill it out and give it to the City Clerk. When the item is considered by the Council, the Mayor will call you up to the podium where you can make your comments. Generally 3 minutes are allowed for each speaker.

A digital “Request to Speak” form is available for members of the public to sign-up to speak from their phone, tablet or computer. Here is a link to the form: In Person Public Comment - City of Escondido This link will be accessible via a QR code inside Council Chambers. This form allows members of the public that are attending a meeting, to get in a digital line to speak on an item.

Members of the public are allowed to submit written comments online that will be distributed to the City Council ahead of the meeting. Here is a link to the form: Public Comment - City of Escondido

Can I view a City Council meeting on TV or online?

Residents of Escondido may view live broadcasts on Cox Cable Channel 19 and AT&T U-Verse Ch. 99 which also are replayed the following Sunday and Monday evenings at 6:00 p.m

Meetings may be viewed live or archives of past meetings are available at online.

How do I contact a City Council member?

You can send an email or
Phone their offices at 760-839-4638 or
Phone the Mayor at 760-839-4610 or
Fax information to 760-839-4578 or
Address a letter to 201 North Broadway, Escondido, CA  92025

The Mayor and City Council members are:
Mayor Paul McNamara
Deputy Mayor Michael Morasco (District Four)
Councilmember Consuelo Martinez (District One)
Councilmember Joe Garcia (District Three)
Councilmember Tina Inscoe (District Two)

How do I find a section of the Escondido Municipal Code?

Access the Escondido Municipal Code online at www.qcode.us/codes/escondido.

How do I request a copy of a public record?

Submit a Public Records Request with the City Clerk's Office at the following link: https://cityofescondidoca.nextrequest.com/

How do I apply to serve on a Board or Commission?

Obtain information on the various Boards/Commissions online or download an application.

How do I get a business license?

Business licenses are issued by the Escondido Code Enforcement/Business License Division. Call 760-839-4659 or view an informational brochure online.

How do I file a claim against the City?

Complete a Claim Form and return it to the City Clerk's office.

How do I register to vote?

Forms are available at the Escondido City Clerk's office, 201 North Broadway, the library, post office, Department of Motor Vehicles, or the Registrar of Voters at 5201 Ruffin Road, San Diego (www.sdvote.com).

How do I get an application for a mail/absentee ballot?

Call the Registrar of Voters at 858-565-5800 or visit their Web site at www.sdcounty.ca.gov/voters/Eng/Evbm.shtml.

How do I get a copy of a San Diego County birth, death or marriage certificate?

Call the County Assessor/Recorder/County Clerk (San Marcos office) at (619) 237-0502 or visit their Web site at www.sdarcc.com.

How do I get a marriage license?

The City of Escondido does not handle marriage licensing. Contact the San Diego County Clerk (San Marcos office) at (619) 237-0502 or visit their Web site at www.sdarcc.com.

How do I find out who owns a piece of property?

Contact the County Assessor/Recorder's (San Marcos office) at (619) 237-0502 or visit their Web site at www.sdarcc.com.

Where can I get information on a bus route or the Sprinter/Coaster schedule?

Visit the North County Transit District's Web site at www.gonctd.com/.

Other Useful Links