Beginning on October 12, 2014 Escondido Rangers will begin offering monthly tours of the Daley Ranch House. The tours will be held the second Sunday of each month, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Rangers will lead the tours/presentations, with volunteers from the Friends of Daley Ranch assisting.
The Ranch House was built in 1928 out of single-board heart redwood. It was used primarily by the Daley Family for summer entertaining since its one-board thickness made it too cold for year-round living. The great room features a massive stone fireplace made of cobblestones that were brought around the Cape by clipper ship. The great room also has beautiful single wall tongue and groove redwood walls, which are original, as is the hardwood floor. The original light fixtures were made by Escondido blacksmiths, and still hang from the tall ceiling.
This past year, renovations were completed on the Ranch House and grounds and it is now available to rent for weddings and other private or corporate events. For information on renting the Ranch House, please contact Teresa Collins, Special Events/Economic Development Coordinator at 760-839-4507 or email@example.com.
For general information about the City of Escondido, please visit www.escondido.org