PROGRAM ASSISTANT I
Under general supervision, assists in coordination of a citywide program or technical area within a department or division of the City.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists with the design, coordination and implementation of a citywide program or area of technical responsibility;
- Works closely with City staff from various departments and the public to provide assistance;
- May perform data entry and utilize software and related applications;
- Assists in preparing written reports and oral presentations to the City Council, boards, commissions, City staff and community groups/organizations;
- May give oral presentations to community groups or commissions;
- Performs additional duties related to specific area or program of responsibility.
Varies, depending on specific area or program of responsibility.
Supervision may be received from a Program Coordinator, Program Assistant II, or a Department Head or Division/Department Managers.
- Basic principles of assigned program or technical area;
- Organization and operation of municipal government;
- Principles and procedures of record keeping and basic mathematics;
- Collection and analysis of data;
- Principles and practices of customer service.
- Assist in program coordination;
- Conduct research, compile information and prepare clear, concise reports;
- Effectively plan, organize and prioritize work load;
- Exercise sound judgment and common sense;
- Demonstrate an awareness and appreciation of the cultural diversity of the community;
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, community organizations and other departments and divisions.
Education and Experience - Any combination equivalent to graduation from high school and two years of related experience assisting with program coordination. Additional related education may be substituted for experience requirement on a year-for-year basis up to a maximum of one year.
License and Other Requirements - Possession of a valid California Class C Driver's License or ability to arrange transportation for field work when necessary.
Physical Requirements - Varies, depending on the specific position and the area of expertise required of each position.
NOTE: DEPENDING ON THE PROGRAM OR AREA OF EXPERTISE, SPECIFIC ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS, PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS, AND EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS WILL BE DEVELOPED FOR EACH POSITION IN THIS CLASSIFICATION.
Department - BJR