A neighborhood is a community built by a group of people who strongly believe in the same goal: a safe and clean place to live. A neighborhood acts is a support system that enables such community to emerge. In order to learn about and address the concerns and issues that a neighborhood has, a Neighborhood Group is formed.
- What are your needs as a group?
- Strengths (people, resources, etc.)
- Goals for the group
- Improvement of Neighborhood
- What kind of guidance or help would you like the City of Escondido provide to your community? Active/Passive
- Neighborhood Leadership Forum—independent opportunities of leadership training classes
- Choosing a name
- Willing leaders
- Professionals residing in the neighborhood
- Availably of a home computer for the production of a neighborhood newsletter or publication
- Availability of convenient meeting space, home, city meeting room, community space
- What would you like to see change?
- Identify problems and suggest possible solutions
- Evaluate your neighborhood, safety, crime, violations of city ordinances, vandalism, graffiti, noise, decaying infrastructure, street lighting, traffic congestion, parking
- Improve communication with neighborhood residents and with the City
- Geographic boundaries must be set for the neighborhood group
- Membership in the association should be open to all residents and property owners of the neighborhood