- Cassidy Turley San Diego, the region’s market leader in commercial real estate services, has been selected as the exclusive marketing, leasing and sales representation firm for a 10+ property portfolio for the City. Andrew Peterson, Bruce Schiff, CCIM and Phil Lyons of Cassidy Turley will represent the City in the leasing and sale of the City’s retail properties and land parcels. Don Grant and Jim Benson, also with Cassidy Turley, will handle the industrial properties, while Mark Avilla, Matty Sundberg and Bob Cowan will handle the office properties.
- The second meeting of the Economic Development Task Force was held today, November 29. The group met to review the Target Industry Clusters as recommended in the Master Plan.
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT UPDATES
- Habitat for Humanity has submitted their planned development application for the Elm Street property. The project proposes 11 three-bedroom units of ownership housing (5 duplex buildings and one separate single unit) with 19 parking spaces. They have requested an incentive under density bonus law for affordable units, to reduce the parking requirement below the two-space per unit maximum (22 spaces) that can be required under state law. Staff has advised them to try to accommodate an additional 3 spaces if possible to avoid compounding the existing parking concerns in the neighborhood.
- The Planning Commission unanimously approved a revised grading plan for the 39-lot subdivision known as High Point Country Manor (Tract 693-J). The grading plan included new grading exemptions reflecting as-built conditions graded by the previous owner.
SB 1186 mandates a new $1.00 surcharge for business licenses issued beginning January 2013. The primary intent of this bill was to limit the liability of businesses to lawsuits under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). As a component of this bill the state sought to provide a funding source to bolster the Certified Access Specialist Program (CASP) administered by the State Architect and local governments. In order to comply with the legal mandates of SB1186 the City of Escondido will charge an additional $1 fee on business license renewals, new business applications, and similar licensing instruments for the 2013 calendar year. We will provide information regarding this fee surcharge in our future mailings for business license renewals.
East Valley Community Center:
The parking lot asphalt restoration was completed this week during a night time operation. The restriping of the center’s parking area will be scheduled for completion.
The construction of the waterline replacement has been completed on site. The contractor has removed all old infrastructures associated with the building pad area. The Engineering Services Division approved the grading plan this past week.
Mission Avenue SDG&E 69 kv Electrical line:
Main line installation is ongoing on Mission Avenue near Andreasen Drive. The contractor is encountering large granite formations which will require a separate crew to use a rock breaker over the next few days to clear the obstruction. The second construction crew started to install the conduit package on Mission Avenue from Juniper Street to Broadway Avenue.
Talk of the Town:
The waterline tie is scheduled for this Thursday, November 29.
The new parking area was completed on scheduled for the Thanksgiving weekend.
Del Lago Academy:
The final paving of the offsite improvements has been put on hold. The contractor will be installing temporary striping this Thursday so the traffic signal can be activated this week.
The police department will be hosting a blood drive on December 5, 2012, from 7:30 AM to 6:30 PM in the Community Room of the Escondido Police Department. We fell short of our 4 gallon goal during the last blood drive and have set a goal of 5 gallons for this drive.
- Since receiving approval from City Council to hire paramedic (non-safety) personnel, the Fire Department has been working with Human Resources to develop the job classification and all the necessary documents and policies. On Monday, the job announcement to hire the first phase of paramedics was posted on the City’s website as well as other industry related publications. The application period began on Monday, November 27, and will close on December 10.
- The Grand Opening and Dedication Ceremony of Fire Station 4 is scheduled for Saturday, December 15, at 10 a.m. Invitations were sent this week inviting the community to join in the festivities.
- Attached are the monthly statistics for the Fire Department.