Hosting the Tour’s overall start will expose Escondido and local sponsors to worldwide media coverage and bring thousands of visitors to the City and surrounding areas.
- The Amgen Tour of California is the largest annual spectator sporting event in the state and the largest cycling event in North America.
- The event attracts more than 2 million spectators and $100 million of economic impact to the state annually.
- The Tour includes a world-class field of riders representing 24 countries.
- Three of the world’s top four cyclists and six of the world’s top ten teams participated in the 2012 Amgen Tour of California.
- Based on data from previous overall start host cities, the economic impact is expected to be significant.
Local sponsor opportunities will be available at a variety of investment levels. Funds will be used for race operations requirements including:
- Infrastructure and public safety provided by the City of Escondido and other local jurisdictions (e.g., Public Works, Fire, Police, EMT)
- Hotel accommodations (to house the 1,000+ person event — including riders, staff and media)
- Meals (for the riders, staff and media)
- Resident/business notifications and public outreach
Stage One of the Tour will take place on Sunday, May 12, 2013, with special events and promotional opportunities happening in Escondido throughout the months and weeks leading up to the race. A complete sponsor package will be available soon. In the meantime, please contact Michelle Geller at 760-839-4587 or email@example.com if you are interested in being a local Tour sponsor.