The Library Board of Trustees oversees library services and advises the City Council and the City Librarian on the development of plans, policies and programs that are responsive to community needs and desires. Areas of focus include:
- Reviewing and approving policies and fees recommended by staff
- Reviewing and approving the annual budget
- Evaluating community desires and needs for library services
- Recommending long-range plans regarding facilities, staff, and programs based on community needs
- Reviewing customer concerns and suggestions
- Generating public support and participation in library programs
- Determining expenditures of library trust funds
- Coordinating with other library support groups such as Friends of the Library, the Serra Advisory Board, the Escondido Library Endowment Foundation, and the Pioneer Room Friends
||Second Thursday of each month, 2:00 p.m.
|Length of Term:
||Community Services Department
||Must reside or work within the geographic boundaries of the General Plan
||Must submit conflict of interest statements
||City staff provides an initial orientation and ethics training in accordance with state law.