(Part-Time, Temporary Position)
If you want to join a hard-working team that shares a commitment to provide top-quality municipal services in a prime North County location, consider a career with the City of Escondido. We have an opening for the position of part-time Library Associate at Escondido Public Library working primarily in customer and technical services.
Key responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of clerical and paraprofessional duties and assignments to support library operations.
- Provides customer service assistance related to circulation activities; registering new library users, resolving patron account issues, collects fines and fees, conducts follow-up on account correspondence..
- Interacts with patrons to convey library policies,
- Under general supervision, provides directional and basic reference and reader’s advisory services by responding to questions and inquiries from library customers.
- Assists and advises library customers in the use of computers, the online catalog and the Internet. Assists patrons with online computer registration.
- Assists with planning and conducting library programs and events.
- Performs cash transactions related to collecting fines and fees.
The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Know standard terminology, processes and practices related to library work.
- Have experience with computers, software programs, integrated library systems, digital resources and equipment used in library and office support work.
- Understand the importance of delivering the highest level of customer service.
- Have excellent communication skills in interacting with the public and staff and the ability to communicate in a positive manner, using tact and discretion.
- Have strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate an awareness and understanding of the cultural diversity of the community.
- Two years of college with major course work in library studies, education, liberal studies or a related field. Related experience within area of assignment may substitute for education.
- Two years of experience in a library including clerical, patron contact or technical support experience.
- A Library Technology certificate is highly desirable.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish) are highly desirable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, and Saturdays
- Must possess a valid Class C California Driver’s License.
NOTE: The City of Escondido is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. A medical examination, along with a DRUG SCREEN will be conducted following a conditional offer of employment
Salary range: $17.35 - $21.08 per hour
FULLY COMPLETED CITY APPLICATION REQUIRED
Escondido Public Library
239 South Kalmia Street, Escondido, CA 92025
Telephone (760) 839-4601
Final Filing Deadline: September 25, 2014, 5:00 p.m.
FAXED Applications and Postmark Dates Will Not Be Accepted
NOTE: LIBRARY HOURS ARE 10:00 AM TO 8:00 PM MONDAY AND TUESDAY
10:00 AM TO 6:00 PM WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY
10:00 AM TO 5:00 PM SATURDAY
Job Announcement – PART-TIME September 11, 2014