City Hall, Second Floor
201 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92025
Hours: Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
The City Manager, appointed by the City Council, serves as the City’s chief executive officer and is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of City departments. In addition, the City Manager serves as the Executive Director of the Escondido Redevelopment Agency.
The City Manager:
- Serves as an advisor to the City Council on policy matters impacting the Escondido community and the City organization
- Supports the information and policy making needs of the Council and implements Council decisions
- Appoints the City’s Department Heads
- Ensures that City services are performed to the highest standard in accordance with Council goals and policies
- Prepares, manages, and implements the annual budgets for the City and Redevelopment Agency, as well as the City’s Capital Improvement Program
Public Information, including the City’s government TV channel, Ch. 19, as well as the City’s State and Federal legislative advocacy efforts are also managed by the City Manager’s Office.