The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) was enacted in 1990 to eliminate and prohibit the barriers, both physical and nonphysical, that prevent Americans with some form of disability from participating fully in day-to-day life. It is, quite simply, an antidiscrimination law.
The City of Escondido remains committed to complying with the ADA. To date the City of Escondido has:
- Designated an ADA Coordinator — Jodi Vinson, Risk & Safety Manager, 760-839-4869 or e-mail.
- Created an ADA team composed of employees from various City departments.
- Provided public notice of nondiscrimination.
- Conducted a self-evaluation process.
- Developed a transition plan.
- Developed a formal grievance/complaint process.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who wish to participate in City programs, services, or activities and who need accommodation are invited to present their requests to the City by filling out a Request for Accommodation Form or an Inclusion Support Request Form for Minors, or by calling 760-839-4643, preferably at least 72 hours in advance of the event or activity.
Individuals with grievances, complaints or other ADA communications should contact the ADA Coordinator by phone at 760-839-4869, by email, or by mail at:
City of Escondido
201 North Broadway
Escondido, CA 92025