FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
CONTACT: Viktor Sjöberg, 760-839-4814
Escondido, CA – September is National Library Card Sign-Up Month and Escondido Public Library is promoting the advantages of owning a free Library card. The Library is introducing Read Local, Shop Local!, a brand new discount program that provides exclusive offers to customers who present their Escondido Public Library card at participating businesses in Escondido during the month of September. Visit library.escondido.org/local to learn more about how the program works and find information on participating businesses and their offers.
Throughout September 2016, Escondido Public Library card holders will enjoy exclusive offers by showing their library card at the following businesses:
- A Delight of France (Bakery & Bistro) - 20% off total order
- BK Cellars (Winery & Tasting Room) - 2 for 1 wine tastings
- Burger Bench (Restaurant) - 10% off total order
- Cindy’s Nails (Nail Salon) – 10% total bill
- Clue Avenue (Escape Room) - 40% discount off booking for teams of 3 - 8
- CrossFit Escondido (Gym) - 10% off new memberships and "Foundations" program (CrossFit intro classes) reduced from $75 to $50
- Kettle Coffee & Tea (Café) - 10% off total order
- Sunny Side Kitchen (Restaurant) - 15% off total order
- The Wooden Spoon (Restaurant) - 10% off total order
- Vesper Vineyards (Winery & Tasting Room) - 50% off wine tasting flight
Library cards are free and can be obtained by visiting Escondido Public Library and filling out an application. As an additional motivation to sign up for an Escondido Public Library card during National Library Card Sign-Up Month, new card holders will receive the following perks, starting Thursday, September 1, 2016:
- First 650 new Library card holders receive a $2 coupon to Jimbo’s Naturally! and will be entered into a drawing for a $50 gift card from Jimbo’s Naturally!.
- First 50 new Library card holders receive a free gelato from EscoGelato.
“Escondido Public Library is the heart of our great community,” said Viktor Sjöberg, Adult Services Senior Librarian. “Having a free library card gives you access to a wealth of cultural and educational materials and activities that enrich your life, whether you are looking to teach your child how to read, pursue a college degree or to just have fun. Read Local, Shop Local! is a way to further establish Escondido Public Library as a community hub and connect patrons to the great businesses right here in Escondido.”
Escondido Public Library is located at 239 South Kalmia Street in Escondido. Library programs are free and open to the public and sponsored by Friends of the Escondido Public Library. For more information about Read Local, Shop Local! visit library.escondido.org/local. For information about this program as well as other Library events and services, contact Senior Librarian, Viktor Sjöberg, at 760-839-4814 or at email@example.com.